HEAD of PARENT COUNCIL: Eirik Jarl Trondsen
ASSISTANT HEAD : Munirah Mohd Mokhtar
PYP-1: Parent Representative: Hasan Sharif
PYP-2: Parent Representative: Niraja Thakar
PYP-3: Parent Representative: Eirik Jarl Trondsen
PYP-4: Parent Representative: Laurence Barton
PYP-5: Parent Representative: Salim Deshmukh
MYP-1: Parent Representative: Deepa Jhamtani & Shailza Chaudhary
MYP-2: Parent Representative: Munirah Mohd Mokhtar
What do Parent Councils do?
The main aim of the Parent Council is to help the school operate as a successful school and to try to represent all parents.
• There is an important role in improving links between all parents and the school; the Parent Council should report to parents at least once a year but it is good practice to do this on a regular basis.
• Make sure that parents get the information they need in an accessible way and that the school staff gets feedback on parents’ views.
• Discuss any issue that’s of interest to parents, including school policies on such things as bullying, sexual health and relationships education, homework.
• Work jointly with the school to set up extra-curricular activities and after-school clubs.
• As part of Curriculum for Excellence, parental involvement in their children’s learning is recognised as very important: the PC has a role to play in working out how this can happen.
• Represent parents’ views to the education authority and others on those issues that are of concern to parents, pupils and staff with an awareness of equality and fairness. Although issues from individual parents should not be pursued, it might be an opportunity to address the issue in a more general way.
• Take on those social and fundraising activities run by the NLIS.